Hunting rifle thumbhole
What do you want from your gun?
- A very precise and reliable hunting rifle ideal for deer and driven wild boar hunting?
- A barrel with a longer life cycle that will stay accurate longer?
- A stock in high resistance polymer that will not misshape on shooting to the detriment of precision?
- A solid base to fit your scope mounts? Or precision machined Picatinny rails with different MOAs for long distance shooting?
- A stock that can fit multiple accessories?
- At Sabatti SpA we cold hammer forge all our barrels in House. By controlling the entire barrel manufacturing process, we guarantee their absolute precision, reliability and durability.
- Very few rifles at this price point come with barrels of the same quality as the barrels cold hammer forged in House at Sabatti Spa. The result is shooting precision 100% guaranteed.
HUNTING BOLT ACTION RIFLES FOR PRECISION LONG DISTANCE SHOOTING, PROVIDED WITH THUMBHOLE STOCKS FOR A BETTER AND MORE STABLE GRIP. IDEAL FOR DRIVEN WILD BOAR HUNTING.
A classic revisited with a brand new thumbhole stock. The Rover is a milestone among the italian hunting bolt action rifles and this version is the newest of our range of hunting rifles. The thumbhole stock made this a perfect deer hunting rifle in the deep of the wood when you have few seconds and a need of great stability. Our barrels are less subject to temperature increases to begin with. That combined with the final stress relief process they undergo reduces shot group dispersion on target to the minimum. It is the vibration barrels develop when they overheat and the release of residual tensions that causes the dispersion. Barrel length from 560 mm to 610 mm
- Barrels in Chrome Molybdenum Steel:
- The Chrome and Molybdenum added to the steel substantially improve its resistance to the wear generated by the incandescent ammunition especially to the first part of the rifling over that of traditional carbon steel.
- The bars of steel we use are all induction treated at the steel mill which then translates into a longer life cycle of our barrels.
- Cold hammer forging:
Our hunting bolt action rifles are equipped with barrels done by cold deformation rather than simply by subtractive manufacturing, which results in improved dimensional consistency and allows us to use steels with better mechanical characteristics (harder).
- Our frames and bolts are machined from solid blocks of high-resistance steel alloys. They undergo tailored heat treatments to optimize strength and durability.
- Our frames undergo a Neutral Hardening Process to achieve strength and resistance. After this is complete, the areas in the frames subject to the highest levels of stress undergo additional spot hardening.
- Our bolts with two front lugs undergo a case hardening and subsequent hardening operation, which increases surface hardness and fatigue strength by creating a hardened surface layer and a hard core.
- Long action with built in magazine in the model Rover 870 (chambered for medium and big calibers).
- Stock in high resistance Nylon charged with fiberglass to increase strength and reduced the risk of breakage.
- Thumbhole grip is ideal for wild boar hunting in wooded areas and made this a perfect deer hunting rifle.
- On request we provide Picatinny rails entirely machined from solid billets of steel. They come with either 0MOA, 20MOA or 30MOA depending on the required shooting distance.
- On request our stocks come with Picatinny rails from the factory to mount your bipod or other accessories.
- 2-piece bases and 26-mm or 30-mm rings
This rifle is distributed in USA and Canada by Italian Firearms Group.