Hunting bolt action rifle
What do you want from your gun?
- At Sabatti SpA we cold hammer forge all our MMR barrels in House. By controlling the entire barrel manufacturing process, we guarantee their absolute precision, reliability and durability
- Interchangeable barrels
- Bolt with 3 front lugs
- Thumbhole stock for safer and easier handling
- Muzzle break ready, standard
- Picatinny rails, standard on every rifle
AMONG OUR HUNTING RIFLES THE SAPHIRE THUMBHOLE COMES WITH THE ERGONOMIC THUMBHOLE GRIP FOR IMPROVED AND SAFER HANDLING, IDEAL FOR DRIVEN HUNTING.
The action machined from a solid block of Ergal 55 aluminum alloy is brand new from the oldest Rover action and features two integrated Picatinny rails for fast fitting and regulation of sighting devices. The bolt with 3 front lugs is no longer a monolithic piece but is made in three parts: the head, the body and the handle. This allows a more accurate manufacturing of the parts, the use of different kind of steel and heat treatments based on the mechanical features required. The bolt action moves very smoothly after assembly and its floating head guarantees perfect contact on all 3 lugs thus enhancing precision. The barrels of our hunting rifles in AISI 4140 steel (42CrMo4) are all cold hammer forged. Their Multiradial Rifling (MMR) improves accuracy and guarantees longer barrel life, easy cleaning and higher bullets speed. The threaded muzzle comes “break ready”. Interchangeable barrels are available on request (a set of simple tools is also provided). The barrel extension made of NiCrMo steel is hardened and tempered by a special process to improve hardness on the surface and tenacity in the heart; it is the most important part of the gun and the safety is entirely related to this piece together with the bolt head.
There are 2 different types of trigger mechanism in these hunting rifles: standard (1.2 Kg pull) or Set Trigger (the standard pull weight of 1.5 Kg can be reduced to 250g). They are interchangeable and can be replaced by a gunsmith.
The safety is a typical 2-position side lever that locks trigger and sear but will be soon available as a 3-position safety. The Saphire Thumbhole rifle will be manufactured in the following groups of calibers other than our famous 308 win.:
|GROUP A||GROUP B||GROUP C|
|243 WIN.||270 WIN.||7MM REM.MAG.|
|308 WIN.||7X57||300 WIN.MAG.|
|7MM REM. S.A.U.M.||7X64|
- Best value for the money
- Modern and captivating design
- Excellent precisionVery compact shot groups with minimal shot dispersion
- Barrels that overheat less and produce minimal shot migration on target
- More durable barrels – less wear and, therefore, improved precision over time
- MRR rifling
- Highly compatible with a wide variety of accessories (mounts, stands etc.)
- Regulation for long distance shooting
- Stock ideal for wild boar hunting
- Fast, stable and easy to handle