Hunting bolt action rifles for precision long distance shooting, provided with Thumbhole stocks for a better and more stable grip. Ideal for driven wild boar hunting.
A classic revisited with a brand new thumbhole stock. The Rover is a milestone among the italian hunting bolt action rifles and this version is the newest of our range of hunting rifles.
The thumbhole stock made this a perfect deer hunting rifle in the deep of the wood when you have few seconds and a need of great stability.
Our barrels are less subject to temperature increases to begin with. That combined with the final stress relief process they undergo reduces shot group dispersion on target to the minimum. It is the vibration barrels develop when they overheat and the release of residual tensions that causes the dispersion.
Barrel length from 560 mm to 610 mm
- Barrels in Chrome Molybdenum Steel:
- The Chrome and Molybdenum added to the steel substantially improve its resistance to the wear generated by the incandescent ammunition especially to the first part of the rifling over that of traditional carbon steel.
- The bars of steel we use are all induction treated at the steel mill which then translates into a longer life cycle of our barrels.
- Cold hammer forging:
Our hunting bolt action rifles are equipped with barrels done by cold deformation rather than simply by subtractive manufacturing, which results in improved dimensional consistency and allows us to use steels with better mechanical characteristics (harder).
- Our frames and bolts are machined from solid blocks of high-resistance steel alloys. They undergo tailored heat treatments to optimize strength and durability.
- Our frames undergo a Neutral Hardening Process to achieve strength and resistance. After this is complete, the areas in the frames subject to the highest levels of stress undergo additional spot hardening.
- Our bolts with two front lugs undergo a case hardening and subsequent hardening operation, which increases surface hardness and fatigue strength by creating a hardened surface layer and a hard core.
- Long action with built in magazine in the model Rover 870 (chambered for medium and big calibers).
- Stock in high resistance Nylon charged with fiberglass to increase strength and reduced the risk of breakage.
- Thumbhole grip is ideal for wild boar hunting in wooded areas and made this a perfect deer hunting rifle.
- On request we provide Picatinny rails entirely machined from solid billets of steel. They come with either 0MOA, 20MOA or 30MOA depending on the required shooting distance.
- On request our stocks come with Picatinny rails from the factory to mount your bipod or other accessories.
- 2-piece bases and 26-mm or 30-mm rings
This rifle is distributed in USA and Canada by Italian Firearms Group.
Back in 1985 the industrial designers and engineers at FIAS (Fabbrica Italiana Armi Sabatti, now Sabatti) were challenged to design an action that would compete with the most popular US actions. They did so by incorporating the best features of all bolt action rifles sold in the USA in just one action. Expectations were not only met but also exceeded and, 35 years later, this extremely versatile action is still widely used for hunting, competition, long-distance shooting and training.
The action is manufactured by state of the art high tech casting of best quality steel alloys subsequently machined on the most advanced CNC equipment. The same applies to the bolt with its solid handle and two Mauser-style tenons. Both action and bolt are heat treated after machining for superior resistance and durability.
This traditional 2-tenon action with 90 degrees bolt opening may be less fluid and slightly slower to operate than newer 3-tenon actions. However, military troops, hunters and shooters have used it for over 120 years accumulating endless experience that translates in unmatchable reliability. Robust contact surfaces between tenons, bolt and frame combined with the long travel of the firing pin make this action perfectly suitable even under the worst weather conditions.
The solid recoil lug also plays an important role in increasing the overall solidity of the action and reducing vibration to the benefit of precision.
And for all the reasons above shooters of all ages and provenance still choose Sabatti rifles built on Rover actions and love them!