Bolt Action repeating rifle specifically designed for hunting in extremely harsh conditions and/or where temperature excursion is wide.
- Barrels in Nickel Chromium Steel for improved resistance to wear and corrosion.
- They are subsequently chromed outside to further extend their life cycle under extremely harsh conditions.
- Barrels can come in any length between 560 mm and 610 mm.
- Cold hammer forging:
- We rifle all our barrels by cold deformation rather than simply by subtractive manufacturing, which results in improved dimensional consistency and allows us to use steels with better mechanical characteristics (harder).
- Our frames and bolts are entirely machined from solid bars of Ni-Cr steel for improved resistance to wear and corrosion.
- They are subsequently heat treated to achieve maximum strength and durability over time.
- Even if they are made of extremely wear and corrosion resistant materials to begin with, our frames and bolts are also chrome plated to be suitable for extremely harsh hunting habitats.
- ROVER 600-Short actio with removable magazine (chambered in smaller calibers).
- ROVER 870-Long action with solid magazine or removable magazine on request (chambered in medium to big calibers).
- o The stock in techno polymer (high-resistance synthetic material) is charged with 30% fiberglass to increase strength, shock absorption and reduce risk of breakage.
- The model ROVER INOX DL comes with a completely hand checkered and oil polished walnut stock. On request it can also feature an adjustable cheek piece.
- On request we provide Picatinny rails entirely machined from solid bars of steel. They come with 7MOA, 20MOA or 30MOA depending on the required shooting distance.
- On request the ROVER INOX SYN stock can come with a Picatinny rail from the factory to mount your bipod or other accessories.
- Mounts with separate bases and 25.4mm or 30mm rings are compatible with those for the model Rem. 700.
Back in 1985 the industrial designers and engineers at FIAS (Fabbrica Italiana Armi Sabatti, now Sabatti) were challenged to design an action that would compete with the most popular US actions. They did so by incorporating the best features of all bolt action rifles sold in the USA in just one action. Expectations were not only met but also exceeded and, 35 years later, this extremely versatile action is still widely used for hunting, competition, long-distance shooting and training.
The action is manufactured by state of the art high tech casting of best quality steel alloys subsequently machined on the most advanced CNC equipment. The same applies to the bolt with its solid handle and two Mauser-style tenons. Both action and bolt are heat treated after machining for superior resistance and durability.
This traditional 2-tenon action with 90 degrees bolt opening may be less fluid and slightly slower to operate than newer 3-tenon actions. However, military troops, hunters and shooters have used it for over 120 years accumulating endless experience that translates in unmatchable reliability. Robust contact surfaces between tenons, bolt and frame combined with the long travel of the firing pin make this action perfectly suitable even under the worst weather conditions.
The solid recoil lug also plays an important role in increasing the overall solidity of the action and reducing vibration to the benefit of precision.
And for all the reasons above shooters of all ages and provenance still choose Sabatti rifles built on Rover actions and love them!